Monday, April 26, 2010

Vulnerable

When is it okay to break down your wall and follow someone?  When is the time to break down all emotional blocks and place complete trust in someone that is capable of betraying you?  Is it ever okay to be vulnerable with someone other than God?  Obviously, to open your life up to love you have to let go of a piece of control and be open to sacrifice.  But where is the fine line between the person who's serious and the person who will only fool you in the end?  People change, and people grow, and you can never be completely sure that anything will last forever.  Sometimes the only way to learn or experience anything is to take a risk and not be afraid of the end result.  Expect the best, even if there's a good chance that it will sting in the end.  "Never regret anything that once made you smile."  Sometimes I choose to skip out of situations just because I'm scared that I will end up with bad results.  When I look at what I'm doing, I need to think of the journey and what I can do to make the ending better than what I'm expecting.  Obviously things don't always go my way, but that doesn't mean that will happen forever.  Yes, bad things are inevitable, but so are good things.  If we spend too much time worrying about the bad things, when are we stopping to notice and appreciate the good things?  I'm not saying that I need to be completely care free and just live for fun, I'm just saying that it's time to relax and do what makes me happy, and be fearless.  If you're not open to taking risks and chances, blessings from God may pass you by and go unnoticed forever.  Who knows... Maybe God has something waiting right in front of you, but you're too busy worrying and focussing on other things to recognize it.  "When one door closes, another is opened."  So slam the door...  God provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment